Food Service Specialist Substitute - IDEA Yukon (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: November 25, 2022
\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*Part Time Food Service-Weekends
and Holidays Off\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
*Role Mission: *The Food Service Specialist Substitute (FSS sub) is
essential in maintaining campus food service operations. The
person(s) in this role are asked to provide coverage for when Food
Service Specialists (FSS) are absent, or fail to show up for their
scheduled shift. The FSS sub ensures that appropriate quantities of
food are prepared, portioned, and served to IDEA students. Other
responsibilities include, but are not limited to: cutting/chopping
fruits & vegetables, following recipes, adhering to established
kitchen processes, monitoring of students during meal periods (i.e
appropriate behavior, encouraging students to consume more fresh
fruits & vegetables, no sharing of food, etc.) and kitchen cleaning
duties (sweeping, mopping, wiping tables, washing dishes, disposing
*What We Offer*
* Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging
between $15.90 for 0 years of experience and $18.29
* This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team
performance and goal attainment.
* Monday-Friday 8AM-2PM
*What You Bring -- Competencies: *
* Mission Focus- focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all
students into college.
* Record of Results - holds high expectations for self and others
to achieve and surpass intended goals.
* Problem Solving - able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize
data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving
* Communication - effectively conveys information using a variety
of channels and techniques.
* Continuous Improvement - proactively identifies opportunities to
improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future
* Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
* Experience: Food Service, Restaurant or Hospitality Preferred
* License or Certification: Local Food Safety Permit
*Knowledge and Skills: *
* Ability to understand food recipes and gather materials and
product needed for execution of menu items.
* Basic understanding of food safety and sanitation practices in
* Working knowledge of kitchen production procedures that includes
set up, food production, service, clean up and resetting
* Ability to operate kitchen equipment, tools, and utensils.
* Ability to perform basic math skill.
* Works well under pressure in a team setting.
* Ability to lift, bend, pull, push, twist.
* Works well around children and has basic skills to provide
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.90 per hour
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Midland, TX 79701: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Midland , Food Service Specialist Substitute - IDEA Yukon (Immediate Opening), Other , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!