Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Hiring for a full-time position
The Hospital Educator plans, develops and coordinates continuing
clinical and non-clinical in-service education programs within the
hospital for all staff. The Hospital Educator works with hospital
leadership and staff to assess current educational needs and
develops a plan to satisfy those needs. The position also assists
in ongoing revision and implementation of policies and procedures,
protocol development and equipment implementation. This position is
involved in the orientation of new staff and coordinates CPR
certification for staff as needed. This position functions with
limited supervision, and must be able to work effectively across
all hospital departments. Additionally, the Hospital Educator is
expected to stay current on the latest care techniques within their
own educational area of expertise and may serve as the point-person
for local schools that have classes of students completing clinical
rotations at the hospital.
Job Code: 100121
License or Certification:
- Active clinical license
- Appropriate education to obtain and maintain required
- Previous experience as an Educator preferred.
- If Registered Nurse, CRRN certification preferred.
- CPR certified.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone,
copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and
the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English,
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness,
time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 1800 Heritage Boulevard, Midland 79707
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2232013 Associated topics: college, counselor, counselor,
nurse, pathologist, receptionist, school clerk assistant, slp,
speech language pathologist, student affairs
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH, Midland , Hospital Educator, Other , Stanton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!