Construction Quality Assurance Senior Technical Expert
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a
Construction Quality Assurance Senior Technical Expert in Carlsbad,
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Navarro Research and Engineering, has an exciting opportunity for a
Quality Assurance Senior Technical Expert with an extensive
background in quality assurance, construction, and engineering, in
Carlsbad, New Mexico. The successful candidate will serve as a
technical specialist in quality assurance and construction
management. This position is employed by the Carlsbad Field Office
(CBFO) Technical Assistance Contractor (CTAC), Navarro Research and
Engineering, for the Department of Energy (DOE) CBFO Quality
Assurance (QA) Division in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
Primary responsibilities include oversight and assessments of
activities in the areas of construction and fabrication for the
Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) providing oversight for the WIPP
Capital Assets Program.
- Specialized experience should include a comprehensive
expert-level of knowledge in technical disciplines associated with
nuclear facilities, engineering, construction management,
industrial safety, nuclear safety, physical science or other
similar disciplines, and the regulations associated with those
- The successful candidate will serve as the CTAC expert on
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
related to construction and will have demonstrated knowledge in
design, fabrication, inspection, maintenance, and operation of
ventilation equipment and systems.
- The candidate will also be expected to perform field
inspections, oversight of fabrication activities at various
suppliers across the United States.
- The candidate must be able to prepare a written report
detailing and summarizing the assessment performed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in physical science, engineering, or
technical discipline, OSHA Health & Safety, or a related field (as
approved by the Contracting Officer).
- A thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations is required.
- Relevant work experience may substitute for formal education in
- The candidate must have excellent planning, organizational,
interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the
ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the
organization is required.
- Must have at least three (3) years of demonstrated knowledge
and experience related to construction management and design,
maintenance, and operation.
- Experience in operations and maintenance of Safety Significant
Confinement Ventilation Systems is desirable.
- Five (5) Years' experience in quality assurance related
activities is desired but not required.
- Must currently or have previously been certified under NQA-1 or
can be certified within 90 days of accepting the position.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be US Citizens
and will be required to pass a drug and alcohol screening. Some
travel will also be required.
Specific skills and job knowledge will include:
- Working knowledge of ASME NQA-1-1989, DOE Order 414.1, and 10
CFR 830.120, OSHA standards
- Experience in corrective action processes sufficient to
properly identify problems, assess corrective action plans, and
verify closure and effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Within 90 days, candidate must possess sufficient knowledge of
DOE CBFO Program Documents [e.g., CBFO QAPD and applicable
procedures] to successfully assess assigned activities.
- The individual accepting the CTAC position will also undergo
qualification under the CBFO lead auditor certification process,
which is based on ASME NQA-1-1989
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Midland , Construction Quality Assurance Senior Technical Expert, Other , Carlsbad, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!