Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job Summary:The HSE Specialist identifies, eliminates and
controls hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or
property damage using Strike's HSE standards, best practices and
analytical techniques. -Primary Job Function:
- Plan and execute the site HSE function requirements.
- Conduct daily site HSE meetings.
- Implement preventive measures and recommend improvement on any
unsafe conditions, materials and equipment.
- Perform job site analysis, determine employee exposure, and
institute safe work procedures.
- Conduct daily HSE inspections, document findings, and implement
- Conduct accident investigations and facilitate the return to
- Manage daily activities regarding injury management and Workers
- Administrate the Company Substance Abuse Program, including
drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintain all site required documentation related to HSE issues,
i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training logs.
- Conduct HSE training sessions for employees and
- Cooperate with sub-contractors on the work progress and monitor
their HSE related functions.
- Investigate ALL incidents and near misses, including
recommendations for future prevention and methods of
- Participate in all Root Cause or similar Investigations.
- Ensure Compliance with applicable OSHA, PHMSA, FMCSA, EPA,
TCEQ, Federal, State, and Local Requirements.
- Ensure Compliance with and assist in the development of
Temporary Traffic Control Plans and Procedures.
- Work with project personnel in a professional and mature manner
in order to maintain the integrity of the Company and relationships
formed therein. -Experience:
- 5-10 -years of construction HSE related experience.
- Working knowledge of OSHA CFR 1926
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in HSE related field
- First Aid, CPR, OSHA 500 certification.Competencies:
- Analyzes problems and makes sounds decisions in a timely manner
based on Strike's HSE standards.
- Utilizes organizational skills with good attention to detail
and emphasis on quality.
- Displays good written and oral communication skills and employs
effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with good
interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse
personnel, vendors and medical professionals.
- Physical demands require ability to endure frequent physical
activity, work long days and handle outdoor elements including a
variety of weather conditions.Other Criteria:
- Requires upto 60% travel -in New Mexico and Texas. Main jobsite
is near Jal, New Mexico. -
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining
favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and
- Eligible to work in the United States. -Strike is an Equal
Opportunity Employer -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Strike, Midland , HSE Specialist/Lead, Other , Jal, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...