Crew Chief - Midland, TX (O&G)
Company: Ascent Geomatics Solutions
Posted on: March 17, 2023
This position will be responsible for managing field data
collections, managing equipment, data, and potentially junior staff
members. This position will focus on energy infrastructure projects
including but not limited to Right-of-Way Surveys, easement
staking, boundary surveys, facilities, pad layout, construction
staking, ALTA Surveys, and As-Built/After-Built Surveys.
Expected results in the role:
- Thorough and efficient data collection, layout, and field
- Meeting project timelines and budgets.
- Meeting client needs and Project Manager expectations.
- Training and mentoring junior team members.
- Having a safety-first attitude and mentality.
- Completing assigned field work.
- Complete data turn in everyday field work is
- Maintaining equipment in operational condition.
- Mentoring junior crew members.
- Communicating with client representatives in the
- Communicating with office staff.
- Ability to anticipate survey needs based on client
- Understanding of survey language and field techniques.
- Knowledge of all Survey Equipment.
- Ability to take, review, and direct correction of field
- Understanding of Trimble specific file extensions and file
- Must be able to upload and download point files and other
survey related files.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows and folder navigation within
- Experience coding for field to finish linework.
- Understanding of map projections and state plane coordinate
- Have knowledge of ethics and technical standards and
organizations such as ALTA, NGS, NSPS/ACSM and BLM. Show
responsibility in the profession (i.e., attire, honesty, respect
for personal property)
- Competence in coordinate geometry.
- Competence in reviewing legal boundary descriptions.
- A general understanding of CAD software operations and its
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, as well as agency rules
- Broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field
including the ability to read reports, spread sheets, manuals,
blueprints, plans, drawings, and correspondence.
- The ability to perform general math calculations.
- The ability to convey plan details to other surveyors.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Relentlessly Accountable
- Has the knowledge and understanding to make safety a top
priority in all situations.
- Understanding of Personal Protective Equipment requirements for
different jobs and environments, including ability to utilize
effective traffic control and traffic safety measures in necessary
- Interacts with the assigned PLS to ensure project
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with those
contacted in the course of work activities.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for client
facing on-sites and interactions with
- Understanding of Upstream and midstream oil and gas projects,
Electrical Transmission Projects, or Renewable Energy Projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, or its equivalent.
- 3+ years of progressive surveying field experience.
- Equivalent to an associate degree in Surveying or related
completed degree beyond an associate degree may be considered in
meeting up to one (1) of the required work experience.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Leading a two-person crew.
- Shares responsibility for training new hires and novice
- When working as a two-person crew this position will be
responsible for sub-ordinates work. All work must be reviewed by
the Crew Chief.
Other Need-to-know items:
- This position may require out of town travel for extended
- This position can require night and weekend work.
- This position can require maintenance and upkeep of company
provided vehicle and survey equipment.
- This position requires/may require use of a company-owned
vehicle(s); must possess a valid driver's license and have no more
than two minor violations (i.e., speeding 5-10 over, defective
vehicle) within the preceding 36 months, nor a major violation
(i.e., DUI) within the previous 60 months.
- This position requires the successful passing of a
pre-employment drug screening/test, and possible random drug
screenings as contracted within certain client agreements
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, LTD and life
insurance (HSA and FSA plans available) available from your 1st day
on the job.
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays and parental
leave) - Accrual starts immediately.
- 401(k) program offers 100% employer match up to 4%.
- Employee Assistance Program - Your mental health is our
- Support for continuing education and training
Keywords: Ascent Geomatics Solutions, Midland , Crew Chief - Midland, TX (O&G), Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...