HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRAR/PEIMS CLERK
Company: Ector County Independent School District
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Title: High School Registrar/PEIMS Clerk Wage/Hour Status:
Reports to: High School Campus Principal Pay Grade: Clerical Pay
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus Days: 227
Primary Purpose: To efficiently maintain scholastic, PEIMS and
other data/records as required.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent.
Special Knowledge Skills:
- Computer Skills
- Clerical & Office
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
MAINTAIN & FILE RECORDS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Including registering & withdrawing new/returning/exiting
- Working closely with ECISD Departments particularly Student
Attendance Office and Records Management, Special Populations
Departments & Information Systems.
- Answering all incoming calls concerning enrollment, sending &
receiving/requesting transcripts from out of school students/other
school district, immunizations requests, verification of graduation
from employment agencies or government agencies, course and credit
- Affixing TAKS, SAT, ACT, End of Course Exams, PSAT & AP to
- Creating packaging slip & collecting records to be sent to
Records Management Department, including withdrawn students and
graduates, flagging transcripts with delinquent account
- Making address corrections and verifying social security
numbers for accuracy.
- Completing student cumulative folder with completed withdrawal
forms and transcripts.
- Documenting records of the school where student will
- Evaluating transcripts by being knowledgeable of all TEA and
ECISD guidelines, evaluating courses and credit-TEA numbers and
local credits from other states.
- Calling other school districts for course description to help
determine a corresponding Texas course, inputting attendance,
courses and credit information credit by exam, correspondence
course and dual credit into computer.
- Notifying teachers, bookkeeper, librarian and textbook manager
of withdrawal status of students.
- Assisting ECISD personnel by checking credit count, date of
first enrollment, date of birth and proof of residency.
- Verifying address, absences and possible discipline
- Complete folders before counselor visitation.
- Forward immunization records to school nurse; verifying address
boundaries, faxing information to junior highs
ENSURE ACCURATE PEIMS CODING including-LEAVER CODING:
- Documenting records sent to schools for leaver code
- Changing withdrawal codes if applicable, evaluating leaver
report and transcripts to make changes for PEIMS leaver
- Verifying graduate report for graduation date, withdrawal date,
graduation code, special education, college-bound, non-graduate
- Preparing year end status report.
- Determining grade level of students for next school year.
- Assisting in the Dropout Recovery procedures.
- Assisting in the Completion Rate procedures.
COURSE COMPLETION DATA / 300 & 305 PEIMS RECORDS
- Maintaining current year grades, tracking grade changes and
- Verifying pass/fail indicator codes.
- Verifying master schedule information (300 & 305 Records) for
summer PEIMS submission.
- Maintaining membership counts on SharePoint site.
- Participating in balancing attendance membership numbers with
other members of Den each 6 weeks' attendance accounting
OTHER PEIMS CODING AS MAY APPLY
ASSIST WITH GRADUATION
- Including working closely with vice principal on all graduation
- Collecting diploma cards from each senior with correct name and
- Creating database listing each senior from Permian &
- Creating alphabetical labels for photographer cards cross
checking list an average of three times.
- Keeping list updated as withdrawals, etc.
- Communicating with and coordinating with diploma printer.
- Submitting list of graduates to Jostens for printing.
- Completing certificates of attendance for Foreign Exchange
students and certificates of completion for TAKS failures.
- Sending data list to State Representative's office.
- Submitting list to local newspaper for printing in special
edition of graduation.
- Creating and organizing seating charts, stadium layouts,
layouts showing processional/recessional and state layout/seating
- Ordering corsages, boutonnieres and plants for ceremony.
- Collating information for folders for all assistants working
- Inserting diplomas for delinquent accounts/honor cords,
- Flagging diplomas for delinquent accounts/honor cords,
- Distributing diplomas to graduates following graduation.
- Adding summer school graduates to diploma list and make
diplomas for graduates.
- Taking Top Ten medals and diploma covers.
- Coordinating Top Ten Reception, creating invitation to be
mailed, mailing of invitation to top ten students and parents and
to ECISD personnel, ordering food for reception, setting
up/cleaning up reception.
- Re-evaluating after summer school to recode students advancing
- Including but limited to-supervising student assistants and
train in general duties.
- Providing notary public services.
- Attending required staff/department training sessions.
- Assisting students with college applications, GPA's rank in
class and all testing information.
- Willing to keep updated with technology.
- Assisting in developing forms/plans for educational
- Assisting counselors with testing and questions concerning
courses, credit and educational planning.
- Determining credit count for grade level purposes and for
special education and cluster program.
- Explaining code of conduct, zero tolerance, home language
survey, student information card, internet agreement and other
- Assisting coaches for perspective scholarships.
- Assisting with other duties deemed necessary by
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Some districtwide travel;
occasional prolonged or irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required. I have read, understand and attest to
the above description and funding relating to my daily
Keywords: Ector County Independent School District, Midland , HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRAR/PEIMS CLERK, Other , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...