Company: Gardner Denver
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Set up, program and operate various types of CNC machine and/or lathes, to perform operations on individual or quantity production, tooling, maintenance and/or experimental parts.
-- Follows drawings, sketches, and oral directions.
-- May be required to plan and lay out own work to include sequence of machining operations and performing required calculations.
-- Works to close and exacting tolerances and performs intricate machining to produce or modify metal work pieces conforming to customer specifications.
-- Sets up and programs CNC mill/lathes machines using G-Code, M-Code and/or Esprit.
-- Operates a variety of machine tools or other required equipment to machine parts and components to exacting tolerances.
-- Must know how to read and interpret blue prints, shop drawings, and other traditional specifications source in order to select and program the proper speeds, feeds, for various metals, and operating conditions
-- Checks, inspects and documents work to assure conformance to prescribed tolerances and standards, using precision measuring instruments.
-- Where applicable, must be able to perform NDT test per GD's work instructions
-- May design, construct, rebuild, maintain, and repair all tool and fixtures for machining and metal forming of experimental, prototype and production parts and components for company products
-- Coordinates with other machine shop personnel and Leadman to install and prove out first-runs of new or repaired tools, parts or fixtures.
-- Capable of proving out programs when required
-- May be required to grinds own tools.
-- May be required to run and operate shot/grit blast machinery
-- Will train or advise other less experienced Machinist as necessary
-- May use forklifts and over-head hoist as necessary to move and position/reposition heavy parts.
-- May assist in minor maintenance of assigned machines or equipment following proper lockout/tag-out procedures.
-- Maintains assigned equipment and work area in accordance with the company cleanliness procedures.
-- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedures.
-- Regular attendance and compliance with all Company policies and rules is an essential function for the job. Overtime, including potential for nights and weekend shifts may be required.
-- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred
- On-site industrial forklift training and certification may be required within orientation & training period
- Minimum 3-5 years combined experience with CNC boring mill/lathe machines which includes proper set up and operation
- Must be able to set up machine and operate without supervision. Must be able to edit, program and prove out programs
- Program/Edit and prove out programs
- Demonstrated ability to safely and properly use forklifts, jib cranes, hoists, and overhead cranes to move and position materials
- Ability to correctly and accurately read and interpret blueprints and associated work instructions/specifications in order to perform repairs and inspect parts
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Gardner Denver, Midland , Machinist, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!