Company: OXY, Inc
Posted on: May 17, 2019
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION is an international oil and gas
exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that
is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the
largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to
be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been,
and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an
experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of
Automation Specialist within our Permian Resources Midland Basin
Business Unit based in the Midland, Texas area.
* Responsible for installation, programming, calibration,
troubleshooting, and preventive and corrective maintenance of
automation equipment for surface facilities and wells, in order to
maximize production systems availability and to reduce total
* Perform installation, calibration, configuration, and maintenance
activities on wired and wireless instrumentation for surface
facilities and wells.
* Perform troubleshooting for process equipment hardware and
programming of controllers such as PLCs, POCs (pump off
controllers), and VSDs (variable speed drives).
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot facilities and
well-communications equipment including but not limited to radios,
access points, and network switches.
* Support maintenance, upgrades, and new installs on surface
facilities and wells in coordination with other teams.
* Perform testing on end devices, alarms, and shutdowns for new
installs and upgrades.
* Coordinate maintenance activities with the Operations team.
* Work jointly with the Operations and Electrical teams on process
and equipment troubleshooting on facilities and wells in order to
maximize systems availability.
* Document automation equipment maintenance.
* Analyze automation equipment failures and propose solutions to
address the failures so they do not occur in the future.
* Support automation parts procurement and monitor current supply
to ensure availability of spare parts.
* Ensure automation equipment is installed and functioning
according to the facility design and applicable automation
* Generate as-built instrumentation drawings as requested.
* Coordinate contractors and vendors when additional support is
required to perform work.
* Perform automation work in compliance with all corporate and
local area safety procedures and policies.
* Education: minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent, 2 year
technical degree preferred
* 5 or more years of oilfield experience.
* 3 or more years of oil and gas automation related experience.
* Understanding of electronic equipment and computer hardware and
software, including but not limited to instrumentation
configuration and PLC programming applications.
* Understanding of electrical equipment operation, maintenance and
industry safety practices.
* Understanding of PLC hardware and programs based on ladder logic.
Function blocks and structured text knowledge is desired.
* Understanding of pump off controllers, remote terminal units, and
variable speed drives theory of operation.
* Understanding on oil and gas production facilities and process
* Understanding of wireless radio communications.
* Excellent understanding of P&IDs, PFDs, Cause & Effect
charts, I/O drawings and process control information.
* Knowledgeable about industrial instrumentation and measurement
* Knowledgeable about calibration tools for industrial
instrumentation. (e.g., Field communicators, process calibrators,
* Knowledgeable about SCADA systems operation, including but not
limited to HMI, alarming, trending and analysis tools.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Action oriented, analytical, and problem solving skills to
effectively find failure causes and perform repairs by means of
HMI, programming and calibration tools.
* Excellent interpersonal and team work skills interacting with own
and external groups.
* Skillful in reading electronic schematics, identifying
components, and understanding their functions.
* Demonstrate responsibility for personal and others safety.
* Able to effectively communicate information to non-automation
* Excellent technical learning skills and adaptability to new
technologies and equipment.
* Able to perform maintenance activities and deliver results
* Must have valid drivers license and excellent driving record.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with
Keywords: OXY, Inc, Midland , Automation Specialist, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!