Sr EHS Coordinator - Drilling
Company: Laredo Petroleum, Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The position is responsible for developing, implementing, training
and evaluating environmental and safety programs and procedures.
The candidate will participate in the completion of all duties and
operations of the EH&S group including, but not limited to,
keeping abreast of pertinent regulatory and legislative changes,
providing support to region personnel, managing all Permian Basin
environmental projects, conduct/coordinate all safety training and
assist in property inspections and audits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop a strategy for Laredo's compliance with applicable
environmental requirements and a plan for implementation. Assist
the Region personnel in implementing the plan, compile and track
the necessary statistics, and interface with contractors.
* Coordinate with Region personnel to develop workable, cost
effective solutions to environmental clean-ups and concerns.
* Evaluate current environmental projects and make recommendations
for improvement or modification.
* Assist in the Region's dealings with governmental agencies (TRRC,
TCEQ, OSHA) in matters pertaining to safety and environmental
practices and legislation.
* Coordinate the Region's compliance with air emission requirements
and reporting. Assist Region in reporting of greenhouse gas
emissions; identify and document greenhouse gas emission reduction
* Provide Region personnel with all necessary safety training and
updates on environmental requirements and issues related to
production and drilling operations.
* Respond, investigate, sample and submit all necessary reports for
all produced fluid spills and coordinate with field operations on
* Conduct incident investigations for all injuries, property loss
and spills which occur on Laredo property; including contractor
incidents. Identify root causes and prepare recommendations for
* Ensure EHS compliance with all State, Federal, Local and Laredo
policies and regulations.
* Provide EHS leadership for all Laredo employees and contractors
working for Laredo.
* Conduct and document contractor EHS audits.
* Must be self-motivated, strong ethics, ability to work with
minimum supervision, have reliable attendance and demonstrate
flexible cooperative behavior in the workplace.
* Other duties related to this position will be assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* EH&S Industry certification required with a minimum of 5
years experience or a combination of education and experience.
* Specialized experience pertaining to oilfield drilling operations
and safety strongly preferred.
* Training in a major company environment would be beneficial from
a range of experience perspective.
* High computer skills and able to effectively work and communicate
in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Must have excellent
verbal and communication skills.
* Effective team player who takes active role in team
* Self-motivated, strong ethics and ability to work with minimal
* Strong safety training and/or certifications preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Laredo Petroleum, Inc., Midland , Sr EHS Coordinator - Drilling, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!