Senior Production Accounting Analyst
Company: EOG Resources, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Production Accounting Analyst is responsible for accurate
daily and monthly oil, gas, and water volumes used for oil & gas
well operational decisions, royalty settlement and state and
federal regulatory reporting. Activities of this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Setup and maintenance of well and facility design used to
calculate and allocate production and sales volumes within the P2
ProCount production accounting system.
- Interfacing with facilities, production, and measurement groups
to understand field facility and measurement design.
- Collaboration with field personnel to insure timely and
accurate reporting and transmission of field operational and
- Analysis and reconciliation of daily and monthly oil, gas, and
water volumes utilized by management and production operations
- Monthly volume reporting used for accounting accruals, revenue
distribution and cost allocations.
- Gas gathering and gas lift distribution balancing,
identification and analysis of discrepancies, variances, and
- Validation and reconciliation of purchaser oil statements to
daily/monthly trucked oil run tickets. Balancing truck run volumes
with terminals and other off-load sites.
- Understanding of natural gas liquid, gas processing plant
shrink and yield factors and general gas and crude marketing
- Research, analysis, and compilations of volume data as
requested by management or operations groups.
- Preparation and submission state and federal regulatory
- Ensure all related processes are compliant in accordance with
SOX controls and guidelines.
- Assist with the integration of property acquisitions and
divestitures as it relates to production data.
- Participate in reporter training sessions with Lease Operators.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related
- 5-10 years upstream production analyst, accounting, regulatory
- Experience using P2 ProCount, Cygnet SCADA, and FlowCal
preferred, comparable systems experience will be considered.
- Solid understanding of production accounting, including
allocation methods and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of complex production allocations, crude and
condensate measurement and characteristics, natural gas liquids,
and gas processing.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in using interactive
databases, query and report writing, Excel pivot tables, filters,
- Proficient analytical skills and problem-solving.
- Aptitude for recognizing, recommending, and implementing
- Self-motivated with accomplished leadership skills, team
player, comfortable working under pressure, and dedicated to team
- Ability to work effectively across departments, with all levels
of the organization, to prioritize workload, and work with minimal
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with
field personnel, office staff, and regulatory agencies.Position
will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans
and Disabled CategoryAccountants and AuditorsEducationBachelor's
DegreeJob typeFull time
Keywords: EOG Resources, Inc., Midland , Senior Production Accounting Analyst, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!