Technician, Gathering (Midland - SE)
Company: Enterprise Products Company
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly
traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of
midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural
gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our
services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing,
transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation,
storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering,
transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined
products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine
transportation business that operates primarily on the United
States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's
assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million
barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products
and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas
The Gathering Technician is responsible for the operation and
maintenance of a pipeline gathering system to minimize downtime and
provide producers with the lowest possible gathering system
pressures and timely response to producer feedback. Other
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate system shutdowns, (new connects, leak repair), line
pressure maintenance (pigging, balling, drip removal), lock out/tag
out, hydrate, mitigation, excavation activities, and dew point
monitoring and various other duties as assigned.
* Coordinate construction tie-ins and be responsible for
lockout/tagout, purging and packing pipelines.
* Gather accurate data and completes daily reports.
* Maintain pipeline right-of-ways and all associated operational
* Operate, inspect and maintain high pressure pipelines, valves,
regulators, and related instrumentation in compliance with DOT and
* Manage storage and transfer of pipeline liquids; monitor and
inspect pipeline encroachment.
* Act as a company representative and interact with property
owners, other pipeline company representatives and local public
The successful candidate will meet the following
* High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
* Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical
environment or energy related field preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy
* Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
* Must demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to
troubleshoot and repair all types of mechanical equipment and
dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
* Able to read prints, drawings and technical manuals and prepare
* Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and
possess basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word
* Good verbal/written communication skills, decision making skills
and strong work ethic.
* Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and
handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous
* Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs and must
live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job
* Should have basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word
* Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance programs a
* Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team
environment and willing to learn.
* Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to
make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
* Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride
in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
* Candidate must have good organizational skills, good customer
relation skills with the ability to interface with land owners and
other corporate and field personnel.
* Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and
* Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and
* Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and
* Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing,
sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including
alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect
* May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors,
* Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to
higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs.,
manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot
pounds of torque.
* Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and
ride over rough roads.
* Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able
to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective
Keywords: Enterprise Products Company, Midland , Technician, Gathering (Midland - SE), Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!