Cement Bulk Plant Operator
Company: NexTier Oilfield Solutions Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Under strict supervision, the Bulk Plant Operator Senior is
responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory for upcoming jobs
and keeping the plant in good working order so that blending of
materials can be completed in a systematic and well-organized
manner. To do this, the Bulk Plant Operator Senior is also
responsible for keeping an inventory of cement/additives,
acids/additives and all chemicals on an ongoing basis. The Bulk
Plant Operator Senior will also schedule transportation, assist in
blending acids and cement prior to shipment and order
transportation from third parties on an as needed basis. The Bulk
Plant Operator Senior is ultimately responsible for blending and
loading the cement, chemicals, and/or acid needed to perform each
job, and for maintaining the bulk plant and chemical warehouse.
* Blends all bulk products for delivery to the well site in a
* Calculates the quantities of material blends before loading
* Assist Supervisor in maintaining inventory of products and
supplies at the bulk plant
* Works with regard to quality assurance.
* Assist Supervisor in coordinating the movement of bulk products
to and from the facility with logistics
* Ensures that all supplies and products are properly labeled,
stored and disposed of.
* Develops necessary skills to operate departmental equipment as
well as the ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot
* Works under strict supervision with little or no flexibility in
regards to work methodology. Job duties are highly defined and
repetitive in nature.
* Complies with all company and client Health, Safety, and
Environmental (HSE) practices and guidelines.
* Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety
meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
* Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established
by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and
* Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
* Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
* Requires maintained eligibility to drive company light-duty and
* Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards
meeting those objectives.
* Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to
other employees as directed.
* Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be
required by immediate supervisor.
* Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the
overall Position Definition.
* Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
* Ensure that the other bulk plant personnel achieves daily tasks
that are assigned.
* Required to complete a OSHA respirator fit test.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they
are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as
give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to
use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions
and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication)
to make job related calculations.
* Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills
* Must be able to work independently with high attention to
* Must possess analytical and problem solving skills
* Basic computer skills
Minimum Required Education
* H.S. Diploma - Required, or
* G.E.D. - Required
* Job Family Operations
* Job Function Field - Cement
* Pay Type Hourly
* Midland, TX, USA
Keywords: NexTier Oilfield Solutions Inc., Midland , Cement Bulk Plant Operator, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!