Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Description: This position is responsible for the
operation and maintenance of pipeline, compressors, and associated
meter stations. This position will also provide operational
support, troubleshooting, process optimization, programming, Human
Machine Interface (HMI) support on natural gas pipelines, NGL
pipelines and associated compressor stations. This position will be
based out of the Midland Office.
- Regularly test and operate engines and equipment to maintain
cost effective and efficient performance. Operate, maintain, and
repair other equipment including water pumps, air compressors and
coolers, as necessary
- Conduct pipeline pigging and install, repair, service and
maintain valves, pipe, pipeline, and appurtenances.
- Coordinate maintenance of all facilities and equipment,
including pipeline right-of-way, excavation coating and back
filling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection,
- Maintain, install, and troubleshoot issues with process control
software including pipeline equipment such as programmable logic
controllers (PLCs), remote terminal units (RTUs), and human machine
interface (HMI) equipment
- Supervise and inspect 3rd party contract labor used to for
construction, maintenance, and improvements to automation systems
as well as inspection of one-call tickets.
- Perform governmental compliance activities, such as line
patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections, and valve
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site
Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Company
standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements
and complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all related gas measurement calibrations and
maintenance for ultrasonic meters, EFM gas chromatograph, H2S
analyzer, H2O Analyzer, O2 Analyzer and PLCs.
- Stay current with automation control best practices and
interpreting industry regulations applicable to WhiteWater
Midstream policies and standards, identify changes in codes and
standards and propose new developments in automation. Improve
long-term PLC equipment reliability and support the implementation
process of PLC automation technology strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships with various
- Comply with safety, reliability, and cost effectiveness of
technology used to meet business requirements.
- Correct system hazards, analyze malfunctioning systems and
identify safe, cost-effective solutions to resolve inefficient
- Occasional travel including nights and weekends, as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Technical Degree/Associates Degree in Instrumentation,
Electronic Communications, or Industrial Electronics, or
- At least 5 years of troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC software
- Familiar with AB Compact Logic, AB Control Logic and Fisher ROC
- Must have communication experience with cellular, satellite,
Modbus, and SCADA.
- Must possess valid driver's license and meet company
- Must have basic knowledge of centrifugal pumps, pump seals, and
- Technical understanding and ability to program and/or configure
automation technology such as: sensors, PID loop control, data
communications, and other electrical machines.
- Knowledge of Pipeline & Terminal business processes and
equipment such as mainline motors and engines, pipeline flow
measurement equipment, and tank level measurement equipment,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, various operating systems and
perform basic math skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to
call outs and emergencies
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, PI&D's and other
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems and follow
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors,
keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and
follow work rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency
in English is required
- to work in changing climate conditions and must be able to
lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 lbs and be able to work in
tight spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders,
- Willing to live within approximately 50 miles of
Midland/Odessa. Benefits: This position is Full-Time located in
Midland/Odessa. Selected candidate is eligible for employer matched
401(k), medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurances
and other benefit offerings.
Keywords: WhiteWater, Midland , Operations Technician, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!