Coating and Painting Journeyman
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for several Journeyman Coating and
Painters with extensive experience in the construction industry in
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required.
- Must be able to blast media, prep, prime, top coat (roller and
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders,
job orders, and specifications.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools
and power tools appropriate for the job,
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a
working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include
(but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of appropriate
personal protective equipment for the craft.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with installing industrial
insulation on piping and equipment as listed"
- ½" OD pipe up to 24" OD pipe
- Pipe and vessels that are 24" OD up to 48" OD
- Tanks, equipment, and vessels 48" OD and up.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with installation of various
types Insulation as listed:
- Fiberglass, Calcium Silicate, Urethane (PolyISO), Cellular
Glass, Expanded Perlite
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill with the installation of metal
jacketing on industrial piping and equipment including but not
limited to cutting metal for tees, 90's, 45's, reducers,
vessel/tanks including heads, straight runs of piping, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill with the fabrication and
installation of removable insulated blankets (soft pads).
- Read specifications or receive instructions from supervisors or
clients in order to determine work requirements.
- The employee must participate in safety meetings, safety
programs and the quality process.
- The employee must clean up all the work area at the end of the
day or at the completion of the job.
- Must be able to blast media, prep, prime and top coat with
roller and spray gun
Skills / Qualifications
Must have a minimum of two to five (2 - 5) years' experience as an
industrial insulator. NOTE: The skill level of the employee is to
be considered, time on the job alone is not sufficient to qualify
an employee as a craftsman.
- Must have experience in blast media, prep, prime, top coat
(roller and spray gun)
- The employee must be capable of directing the other employees
that will be associated with this job to assure that safety,
quality and production are achieved.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others'
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and
equipment needed to do a job.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other
individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Demonstrate ability to use standard and/or metric rule to
- The employee must be willing to be trained on J.L.G. lifts, and
any other equipment that is used on the job site. This training
will require testing and the issuance of "certification" cards by
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Midland , Coating and Painting Journeyman, Professions , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!