Posted on: January 26, 2023
Openings available that will service the Carlsbad & Hobbs
When you join DIRECTV, you'll be a part of a team that's supporting
our customers from the front lines. Whether it's connecting them to
the latest technology or getting them plugged into our world-class
services, your work will create connections and support our mission
of taking entertainment to the next level. It's an opportunity to
showcase your customer experience expertise and represent our
company as the face of our brand. So, if you're up for delivering
the future, we're up for providing you with a bundle of
opportunities for success.
As an Installation Technician, you'll work inside or out to install
and repair equipment as you take the lead on providing our voice,
data and video services. You'll need to be able to work
independently, but most importantly, you'll need to have excellent
customer service skills as you'll educate customers on the features
and functionality of our services. We'll look to you to promote
DIRECTV as a premier service provider while you provide
best-in-class customer service during installations.
What you'll do:
- Install Network Interface Device (NID) and rearrange inside
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the
7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all services are working and demonstrate, sell and bill
telephone service while engaging with customers
- Perform the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks
inside the customer's premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces
that involves bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling,
- Use a company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Work outside in all types of weather while using and/or wearing
appropriate safety equipment and following established safety
practices and procedures
- Drive a company vehicle and/or report directly to work location
Here's what you'll need:
- A valid state driver's license, commercial license, or
chauffeur's license, whichever is applicable, appropriate to weight
and size of vehicle driven, dependent on state and federal
- Complete a satisfactory driving record check.
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night tours; overtime,
emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
- May require travel for out-of-area work which may include
- May require drug testing as mandated by state and federal
- May require a security check.
- May require ability to drive vehicle with manual gear
- May require working outside in all kinds of weather.
- May require working in an environment that is not heated or air
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.You will also
need to meet our Physical Requirements:
- Complete a satisfactory Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) -
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used,
candidate's body weight must not exceed 275 pounds for assignments
involving ladder climbing
- Must be able to perform work involving a lot of kneeling,
stooping, crouching, crawling or other uncomfortable positions.
This position comes with competitive compensation from
$19.33-$23.61 per hour to new hire employees! You'll also gain an
amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan,
tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Rounding out these
benefits and perks, employees can choose one of the services below
at a free or discounted rate:
- Free DIRECTV Premier Package with free installation (this
includes free HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, & NFL Sunday
- Free DIRECTV STREAM Premier Package (this includes HBO Max,
Epix, Starz NBA League Pass,) and unlimited cloud DVR
- 25% off AT&T Cell Phone Service At DIRECTV, meeting our
customers' needs plays an important role in our success - but your
ability to provide them with best-in-class service is even more
critical. We're offering an opportunity to work at the frontlines
of our company, connecting customers in your community with the
best in tech and entertainment. Whether it's upgrading services or
installing our products, your impacts will be felt by customers far
and wide. There's no better time to join our team. So, what do you
say? Are you ready to deliver the future of entertainment?
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a
manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local
Keywords: DIRECTV, Midland , Field Technician, Professions , Hobbs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!