Data Center Technician
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- The primary responsibility is to maximize the availability of
all Data Center components.
- The technician is the point of contact for providing
troubleshooting for all equipment in the Data Center
- The technician will be responsible for Service Level Agreements
(SLA) and work within them to see that there is a prompt response
to the issues.
- Provide Smart Hands support at data center site.
- 24/7 emergency high touch request.
- Arranging ad hoc servicing/repair.
- Arranging periodic servicing.
- Meeting with maintenance people.
- Physical intervention (electrical/mechanical).
- Reacting to alarms (Client or Plant type alarms).
- Responding to reports that environmental conditions are out of
- Support and assist in the troubleshooting and testing Data
Center equipment and components, including:
- restarting equipment.
- troubleshooting and patching power cables.
- Troubleshooting and patching Fiber and Copper cables.
- identifying a switch port location.
- pinging key Devices and performing DNS lookups.
- troubleshooting, installing, and where necessary removing
equipment and/or components.
- perform visual checks for hardware failure lights or console
error messages, power status and hardware labels and.
- Adding/changing/removing device - ILO, remote managed
- Asset Tracking.
- Manage and Maintain the DC inventory.
- Manage and maintain DCIM tool used in the Datacenter.
- Break Fix for IT Gear in Data Center.
- Cable Mining and Inspection.
- Device Labeling and Cable tracing during
- Capacity Management Monitoring, Remediation, Planning and
- DC SOX compliance process.
- DC Compliance controls Test, document.
- DC Compliance controls - track, execution, evidence repository,
- DC Visitor Access Process.
- Decommission IT equipment.
- Environmental Infrastructure Alert monitoring of the DC
- High Touch Request - reboots, touches, etc.
- Maintain the DC Floor Space (Housekeeping - dust removal,
vacuuming, subfloor cleaning, combustible walk through,
- Infrastructure changes: interact with provider, schedule, CRQ,
- Inside the IT Container - Audit and Validation of Environment
to ensure it meets Infrastructure requirements and Data Centre
Standards (e.g. Capacity/Temp/Humidity/Air Conditioning).
- Intelligent PDU maintenance - firmware upgrades.
- Inventory - Defining requirements; patch cords, power cables,
consumables (label tags, cable ties, label tape, hook-loop ties,
- Monitoring Alarms, Fire, Mechanical.
- Monitoring / Reporting - Capacity (Power and Usage).
- Monitoring / Reporting - Environment - Humidity.
- Monitoring / Reporting - Environment Temperature.
- OE Assessment and Corrections.
- Physical Server Installation Ops (Racking, Network Patching,
Power, Remote Management).
- Preventive Maintenance Schedules.
- Receiving IT equipment at the site.
- SAN Fiber Management.
- SOP, JSA, BCP, Emergency Response documented
- Hard Drive Destruction.
- Prepare de-installed equipment for salvage.
- Daily/Monthly/Quarterly reports generation and Review with
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Have an associate or bachelor's degree (not a must).
- Certification in Data Center Management.
- 3 years of experience on Data Center Services including
managing Servers, Storage, Backup and Network devices.
- Experienced in racking, stacking, cabling, decommissioning of
Data Center Hardware devices.
- The candidate will have experience in DC capacity planning,
monitoring and walk through.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Ability to walk around a good deal of time, and lift heavy
- Willingness to work in shifts, attend oncalls and weekend work
as per schedule.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Midland , Data Center Technician, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!