Rig Up/Rig Down Electrical Technician - West Texas
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills
and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you
with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If
yes, look no further we are seeking individuals who are skilled,
knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to
deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs. About Nabors
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy
industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has
established a global network of people, technology and equipment to
deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible
hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies,
particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and
manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and
enable the transition to a lower carbon world. Canrig Drilling
Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software
products to global customer base, improving the safety and
efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our
workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding. JOB SUMMARY:
Looking for Safety focused technicians that will assist with safely
and efficiently rigging up and rigging down electrical equipment on
locations thorough out west Texas. In addition to rigging up and
rigging down various types of equipment, will also provide service
and maintenance. Must have basic electrical knowledge, demonstrated
ability to explain the difference between AC and DC Voltages.
Ability to identify and label wires and cables, clean, repair and
replace plugs. Thorough knowledge on the use of basic tools as well
as electrician hand tools. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with Supervisor regarding the job
- Ensure proper equipment and tools are available to complete the
- Safely and efficiently rig - up and rig - down equipment on job
- Prepare paperwork
- Assist in maintenance of equipment in the field as well as in
- Applies safe working practices, follow safety rules and
regulation, and complete the JSA.
- Uses stop work authority
- Effectively communicates with employees and supervisor
- Maintains a clean work area
- Troubleshooting rig control systems.
- Troubleshoot simple electrical issues on rig control
- Extensive travel to customer locations (land and
- Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful
in the use of these tools.
- Compliance with safety standards, regulations, reporting and
- Complete required paperwork, documentation and billing
accurately and timely.
- Utilization of time management.
- Compliance Competence Assessment Management System requirements
and required entry level training. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general
education degree (GED) and 1 year experience in the drilling
industry. Must be computer literate, have ability to analyze and
report to management, and able to multi-task. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluent in English. Ability to read and write, comprehend complex
instructions, write short correspondence, and memos. MATHEMATICAL
SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and
compute percentages. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. COMPUTER SKILLS To perform this job
successfully, an individual should have knowledge of using
Microsoft word and exel. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced training in Microsoft Office
- Associates Degree or advanced training
- Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops
alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation,
uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informative; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and
group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments;
inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically;
upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports
organization's goals and values; benefits organization through
outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process;
makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; plans for
additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for
own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports
potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
alternate plan. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Level I IRCS Technician CAMS Form PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS /
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Bending or stooping
- Climbing stairs and/or ladders
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Use of hand tools
- Operating a truck in inclement weather not limited to rain or
- Working at heights as considered above 20 feet from either a
boatswain chair, ladder, or other means of retention
- Working in inclement weather for extended periods of time
Keywords: Nabors, Midland , Rig Up/Rig Down Electrical Technician - West Texas, Professions , Odessa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...