Instrumentation & Electrical Technician - Monahans, TX. (Permian)
Company: Phillips 66
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future Description JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY ONLINE TODAY! We are growing! New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit This Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will be based out of Monahans, TX. and is primarily responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of Company pipeline assets located in and around the geographic area. The position will calibrate and inspect measurement equipment, conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps, and spills, as well as assist with construction, maintenance and mechanical integrity projects on the pipeline. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance. *Hiring for more than 1 position Responsibilities may include:
- Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
- Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports.
- Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
- Maintaining effective spare parts inventory.
- Assisting in pump tear down/rebuild inspections and new pump installations.
- Working with Pipeline Integrity and Reliability group for new technologies around rotating equipment.
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining mechanical skills by attending training sessions and on-the-job training.
- Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports.
- Repairing minor electrical repairs.
- Troubleshooting control circuits for motors.
- Responding to emergencies and participate in emergency response.
- Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
- Supervising, directing, and training contract crews.
- Participating in Safety Action Plans.
- Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training (CBT).
- Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Reading and understanding pump curves.
- Reading and understanding P&ID's (process and instrumentation diagrams). Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR Associates Degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
- To lift up to 45 pounds
- To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
- To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To work alone a high percentage of the time
- To travel up to 15% of the time
- To respond to emergency calls as needed
- To work overtime on an as-needed basis
- To work with chemicals and bases
- To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. ie to be clean shaven (facial hair)
- To perform firefighting duties
- To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
- 4 or more years of relevant Industry experience (Midstream, Pipelines or Terminals) or Military experience
- 4 or more years of experience working with any of the following:
- Electrical power and components
- Digital and analog circuitry
- One-line drawings and schematics
- Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Rosemount Transmitters
- OMNI flow computer
- Mechanical and rotating equipment
- Intermediate level or proficiency using MS Office and SAP Competencies At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all. Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability-Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships-Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment-Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation-Optimize Work Performance Pipelines and Terminals At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility. Company Overview Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit or follow us on Twitter . To be considered In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 29, 2018 . Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Phillips 66, Midland , Instrumentation & Electrical Technician - Monahans, TX. (Permian), Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!