Company: Targa Resources Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services
and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in
North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North
Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires,
and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream
energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and
pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an I/E Technician for their High Plains
- Responsible for supervising overall instrument and electrical
- Monitor instrument and electrical performance
- Proactive approach to all preventive and predictive IE
- Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and
Business Ethics Policies.
- Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing
the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting,
and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the
effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field
- Have a solid understanding and application experience with
Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC) to include the
following: Knowledge of IEC-63111-3 programming languages
specifically ladder logic, downloading and uploading programs,
online edits, and troubleshooting logic.
- Create HMI graphics, both for local HMI and SCADA.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot and correct control system wiring for
transmitters, switch devices, and PLC output commands to an array
of control devices.
- Become familiar with the Wonderware ArchestrA SCADA system and
learn to setup and configure derived instances for new systems
being brought online.
- Evaluate piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID),
control panel and junction box diagrams, process flow diagrams and
- Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot
instrumentation to include the following: pressure, temperature,
and level instruments.
- Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot coriolis
- Perform configuration and troubleshooting controls related to
variable speed drives (VFD)
- Troubleshoot and correct issues with positive displacement flow
meters specifically pulse contacts and optical high speed pulse
- Flow Computers and remote terminal units (RTU) I/O wiring,
configuration, and communications.
- Strong knowledge and skilled in EtherNet I/P and Serial Radio
installation and configuration.
- Have solid knowledge of electrical theory and controls for low
- Be able to troubleshoot problems related to control systems
rated at 120 VAC and less.
- Familiar with NEC code and API code regulations regarding area
classification and requirements for electrical components located
within classified areas.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in year of work related
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe
driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to
interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work
with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability
to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and
the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling,
squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear,
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Electrical Engineering Education (Bachelor's or Associates) or
related College Courses
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC Logix 5000 and 500 product
- Experience with Allen-Bradley Panelview Plus HMI product
- Experience with Freewave radios and Sierra Wireless cell modem
- Experience with Emerson Rosemount pressure, temperature and
- Experience with Micromotion Coriolis meters
- Experience with Eaton 9000 series VFD's
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol
Keywords: Targa Resources Inc, Midland , I/E Technician, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!