Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Technician - Midland, TX
Company: Bureau Veritas
Posted on: June 15, 2019
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities
with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to
play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy
working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity
to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to
apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status,
sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any
other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in
employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis
of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,
training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel
Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Technician
LOCAL INSPECTOR REQUIRED:
The inspector is responsible for Nondestructive Testing (NDT) on
behalf of Bureau Veritas's client. The clients for these
assignments are typically Oil and Gas owners/operators.
• Communication with the Project Manager, fabrication shops,
contractors, and other third parties to resolve schedule issues
• Ability to travel
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as
codes, standards, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedure manuals.
• Knowledge of NDE/NDT, AWS, ASME, and metallurgical testing and
inspection methods, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Ability to work outdoors for extended periods.
• Generate and process timesheets, billing reports, and inspection
reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all
applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten
using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically
transmitted to the Project Manager;
• Maintain a positive relationship between Bureau Veritas, the
fabrication facility, and the client
• Ability to work remotely from the established Bureau Veritas
• Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and
fulfilling the needs of the client;
• Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and
quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex
design and fabrication plans and specifications;
• Excellent communication and documentation skills, with ability to
communicate technical issues to the Project Manager, clients, and
the fabrication facility.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes preferred.
• Proficient use of modern communication and computer equipment
including cell phones, laptop computers and digital cameras
• Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous
assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the
• Team player willing to work with clients, field staff, other
Bureau Veritas offices, and the world wide Bureau Veritas
• MUST have a background in handling oil and gas inspections
• MUST have MT, PT, UT training and experience hours required for
Level II certification
• A valid driver's license is REQUIRED
• Prefer Level II certification in MT, PT and UT
Nondestructive Testing (NDT) equipment
Magnetic Particle (MT), Penetrant Testing (PT), Ultrasonic Testing
(UT) - Level II Certification
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to
assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment
opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and
application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with
your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist
you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next
great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas'
federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity,
please click the link below:
Keywords: Bureau Veritas, Midland , Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Technician - Midland, TX, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!