Material Handler- Midland, TX
Company: Baker Hughes Inc.
Posted on: July 7, 2019
About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world s
first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products,
services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of
invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people
to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE
helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more
efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental
footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital
industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and
the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying
breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With
operations in over 120 countries, the company s global scale, local
know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of
experience with the spirit of a startup inventing smarter ways to
bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on
Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary: Baker
Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Material Handler in
Midland, TX. The Material Handler is responsible for operating a
forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise.
* Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage
locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the
* Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using
a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of
damage. Report any quality defects or any Invoice deficiencies to
* Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact
number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking
duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service
* Ensure all paperwork has been properly filled out and turned in
to appropriate personnel.
* Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into
trailers. Make sure all products are stacked safely onto trailers
* Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away,
and load functions, as required.
* Maintain the facility s equipment and materials in a neat, clean,
and orderly fashion.
* On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the
forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and
efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
* Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight
inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical
inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in
maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with
OSHA and MSDS Standards.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance
as required Qualifications/Requirements:
* High school Diploma/GED
* Ability to safely operate an industrial forklift
* Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending
and other physical activities
* Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day,
primarily standing and sitting, as required
* Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time Desired
* Self-motivated and team player
* Mechanically inclined
* Strong problem-solving skills Locations: Midland, TX Baker
Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes Inc., Midland , Material Handler- Midland, TX, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!