Company: Border States
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and
challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which
means you're empowered to make decisions, find solutions and
receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Midland, TX Both of these will
have a heavy focus on the wire management. This will be 98% of what
they do. Unfortunately we do not have that listed as specific
position.This role will have a focus on Will Call service: order
picking, staging and customer service.JOB SUMMARY
Supports the operation functions of the warehouse. Receives
incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages.
Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special
orders and/or backorders as material is received. Follows up with
appropriate departments, carriers and/or vendors on receiving
discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains assigned inventory
stock locations making sure the material that is put away has the
correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly. Fills
orders for delivery to customers. Informs proper departments of
"stock outs", inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems
- Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages
- Distributes material to the proper stock locations.
- Fills special orders and/or backorders as material is
- Follows-up with appropriate departments, carriers and/or
vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages.
- Checks and packs material to be delivered.
- Should have a full understanding of truck routes and may
coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight
companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best
way to ship material.
- Maintains shipping equipment and keeps work area clean and
- Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure the
material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves
are kept neat and orderly.
- Fills orders for delivery to customers.
- Assures all batched managed material is labeled accurately and
inventoried, as needed.
- Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and
monitors maintenance and mileage data, as appropriate.
- Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets, as
- Operates and maintains all equipment in a safe manner and
adheres to all local, state, and federal traffic and safety
- Supports the operations functions of the warehouse.
- Informs proper departments of "stock outs", inventory
discrepancies and other inventory problems or
- Assists with loading and unloading of trucks.
- May provide delivery of material to customer sites.
- Notifies supervisor of any building or equipment maintenance,
repair needs and/or any security concerns.
- Assists with other duties/projects as assigned by
- Prior warehouse distribution experience including forklift
operation and knowledge of electrical products/systems is also
- Minimum of 18 years of age is preferred with a valid driver's
license for the state of residence.
- PC working knowledge for Windows, Internet, email and SAP
software is a plus.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution
industry with over 100 locations in 22 states. Our employee-owners
are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in
demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the
largest independent electrical distributors in the United States
providing products and services to the construction, industrial and
utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package
and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is
a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the
dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management
and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels
of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond
quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their
roles in the success of the company and care about customers'
needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do.
We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has
specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse
needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to
outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you're responsible for living
our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering
innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs
and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive,
and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical
distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?
Keywords: Border States, Midland , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!