Wireline Gun Loader
Company: Universal Wireline
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Wireline Gun Loader
Midland, TX, US
Universal Wireline LLC represents the next generation in pump-down
perforating services. Operating in the Permian Basin, Universal
Wireline is a premier provider of cased hole wireline services.
The Gun Loader is responsible for loading perforating guns in a
safe and efficient manner to deliver a high level of service
quality and compliance of safety standards. The candidate must
demonstrate safe work habits and be able to work effectively on
their own as well as with a team. Major responsibilities include
loading perforating guns, and tracking/maintaining explosive
inventory control list. All jobs within Universal Wireline must be
executed safely and in accordance with all regulatory and Uwire
specific Health, Safety and Environmental policies and
The Wireline Gun Loader works under the direct supervision of the
Shop Foreman and or other supervisor as deemed necessary.
* Responsible for assembling perforating guns and will assist with
tool string assembly for use on job locations.
* Load explosive chargers (powder or chemicals) and cords into
perforating guns, and carriers used in shooting or burning holes
through tubing, casings, and earth formations.
* Store loaded guns, explosives and related materials as per
standard operating procedures.
* Assemble, disassemble, inspect and report on worn or broken parts
for replacement. Ensure new or repaired parts fit correctly.
* Performs preventative maintenance and inspections, and
record/report findings and take appropriate actions
* Responsible for and demands safe operations for all individuals
on the jobsite
* Loads and assembles perforating guns at the shop and wellsite per
* Document explosives removed from the explosive magazines.
* Perform meter checks on perforating guns.
* Sign in and sign out explosives from the explosive magazines.
* Performs inventories of explosive magazines to ensure accuracy of
* Orders supplies from suppliers.
* Maintain a clean work area.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
* Able to read and understand customer wellsite procedures.
* Able to successfully meet pre-employment testing requirements,
including Essential Functions Test.
* Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and work
independently when required.
* Ability to prioritize tasks with many distractions, while
managing multiple projects simultaneously to meet customer
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read,
write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written
directions in English along with the ability to establish and
maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels
both in the office and in the field
* Perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction,
division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and
decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills
* Proficient computer skills to include MS Office Suite and other
business systems such as Oracle, as well as use of smart phones,
laptops, and tablets.
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Must be able to pass an ATF lifetime background check
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and
crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment
ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Eligible to drive Company vehicle for company purposes including
ability to meet requirements of Company s Vehicle Use Agreement and
* Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Employee
Possessor issued by the ATF (Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and
* Knowledge of wireline technologies including pressure control,
perforating components, data acquisition systems and
* Current ATF License
This position requires the person to work in various environments
to include office, shops and worksites often in remote locations
with exposure to all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, cold,
heat, day, night, etc.) and employees will be expected to properly
use designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, or walk with occasional lifting
(overhead, waist level) from floor, bending and frequent near
vision use for reading and use of computer, telephone and other
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right-hand
corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.
(Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a
drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.
Keywords: Universal Wireline, Midland , Wireline Gun Loader, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!