Maintenance Tech - WTX + a 5% Signing Reward - Midland
Company: DCP Midstream
Posted on: December 1, 2019
About DCP Midstream
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural
gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm
homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a
"must-run" company and we are committed to greater in everything we
do-from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a
responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado,
DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Day to DayThe Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing
mechanical functions and duties of inspecting, checking,
troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing mechanical equipment in
order to maintain high levels of safe and productive equipment
performance. The role is a specialist position, intended to be
qualified to perform complex troubleshooting, and repair tasks. As
a result of the high level of skills possessed by this individual,
they will also be responsible for the mentoring\training of the
less skilled employees in their workgroup.
What you will be responsible for.
- Maintenance and repair of reciprocating engines, compressors
and associated components.
- Maintenance and repair of centrifugal pumps and electric motors
such as bearing and seal replacement, alignment, couplings, sumps,
fans, drain piping modifications, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of other mechanical equipment such as
block valves, control valves, air compressors, valve actuators,
- Assist with replacement of pumps, motors, valves, and other
equipment as needed, including foundation work, initial alignment,
testing, and startup.
- Willing to work in process plants and/or on remote field units
and associated equipment
- Participate and successfully complete training programs,
process safety management reviews, and safety meetings required to
comply with state and federal regulations.
- Review procedures as applicable to ensure compliance with
company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency
- Accurately complete records such as; timesheets, MAXIMO work
orders, job plans\safe work permits and regulatory reports.
- Optimize work in most effective (efficient and leveraging
priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process
(MWP), including utilization of data gathered by Compressor Health
- Provide informal leadership and guidance in support of MWP
- Perform remedial and preventative maintenance, maintain
facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices
inside and outside of the facilities.
- Participate in cross training to effectively develop skills in
areas specific to other mechanics in order to be able to
occasionally provide support outside of your normal geographic
- Effectively utilize precision tools and test equipment as
- Respond to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency
response team. --- Perform and accurately document regulatory
- Supervise contractors, providing specialty services (Quality
Assurance, Quality Control) --- Train and mentor others to develop
their mechanical skills.
- Provide expertise in development of operating and maintenance
procedures and company preventive and predictive maintenance
- Must be willing to relocate to one of these areas in WTX-
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical
environment or energy related field.
- A minimum of 10 years mechanical experience (oil and gas
- A minimum of 5 years in maintenance and repair of reciprocating
engines, compressor, and associated components.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with advanced troubleshooting and
- Meet the requirements, as necessary, of the Company's Hourly
Classification Guidelines to perform identified covered tasks and
remain compliant or work under the direct supervision and
observation (span of control) of an individual who has previously
been qualified under the Company's and Code of Federal Regulation
- Self-motivated with ability to work alone or be a contributing
- Must have a current driver's license and good driving
- Ability to read and understand, analyze and interpret
documents, equipment repair manuals, reports and federal, state and
local codes and regulations.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such
as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating
content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders
of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a
business like and professional manner.
- The ability to modify communication style in order to
influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to
the audience and circumstance.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly
and efficiently completes tasks in alignment with MWP.
- Demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to
the role, team and company.
- The willingness to work in a fast paced environment with less
definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Work indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and
- Work in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and
- Able to use physical force to lift, push, pull and hold
equipment and tools.
- Climb and work at various heights and may work in a standing,
sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely react to visual, aural and other signals, including
alarms and instructions, to visually inspect equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between
- Able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher
levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs.,
manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot
pounds of torque.
- Ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over
- Physical ability to wear special safety equipment while working
and "don" emergency breathing apparatus and/or other protective
- Willingness to take call-outs and work overtime as
- Live or relocate to within 35 miles of reporting location.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not
to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran
status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: DCP Midstream, Midland , Maintenance Tech - WTX + a 5% Signing Reward - Midland, Professions , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!