Outside Parts & Service Representative
Company: Roberts Truck Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Parts Outside Sales Representative duties: sells parts by
taking and clarifying customer orders, retrieving and selling new
and replacement parts, receiving and recording new parts inventory,
maintaining parts databases and maintaining a safe and secure
environment. Completes sales by entering purchased items into
sales/inventory system; obtaining payment, adding purchase to
credit account and issuing sales receipts. Receives returned items:
inspecting items, returning payment, issuing credit, re-packing and
re-shelving items and returning damaged items to supplier.HLAs HIGH
LEVERAGE ACTIVITIES (focus actions that will return the highest
- Identify, pursue and maintain a constant flow of potential
customers that meet or exceed established quotas through
prospecting, networking and referral activities.
- Takes customer orders by listening to and clarifying requests;
identifying parts; offering and explaining alternative
- Provide solutions to customers regarding products,
availability, product uses and credit terms.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Completes sales by entering purchased items into
sales/inventory system; obtaining payment; adding purchase to
credit account; issuing sales receipts.
- Maintains parts inventory by verifying supplies; placing orders
when order-points are reached.
- Answer customers questions about products, prices,
availability, product uses and credit terms.
- Recommend solutions to customer needs, based on customer
- Stocks items by unpacking, arranging and placing items in bins
and on shelves; adjusting inventory system.
- Receives returned items by inspecting items; returning payment;
issuing credit; re-packing and re-shelving items; returning damaged
items to supplier.
- Maintains safe and secure environment by following safety and
security standards and procedures; complying with codes.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories,
following leads from existing clients, rental departments and other
internal sales people, as well as your own lot and dealership
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading about new products.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties assigned by manager.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of three years dealership parts
- Data entry skills, telephone skills, customer focus, customer
service, verbal communication, selling to customer needs, meeting
sales goals, product knowledge, inventory control, professionalism,
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as work well with
- Valid Drivers License required.PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS:The position is located in the office and shop
environment as well as duties performed outside. Mobility of
walking, standing and bending is frequent. Dexterity, hearing and
talking requirements are constant. Visual ability to detect
situations of concern is constant. The employee will occasionally
lift up to and over 50 pounds. Must be able to meet the public and
make decisions. Exposure to heat, cold, dust and dirt. Travel
required.NOTE: This Position Profile is not intended to be an
all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
required to meet the on-going needs of the company. The Position
Profile is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not
an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, skills, duties,
requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the
job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require
that other tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g.
emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or
technological development.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Roberts Truck Center, Midland , Outside Parts & Service Representative, Sales , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!