Logistics Specialist I
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Logistics Specialist I
Job ID: 2021-27346
2530 South Midkiff, Midland, TX
Altice Technical Services is a business entity within the Altice
family of companies. Altice Technical Services is a first of its
kind national services organization capable of deploying and
implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and
networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative
start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest
level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is
responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution
at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an
opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting
as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and
bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
Under limited supervision of the Logistics Supervisor,
responsible for providing logistics support including picking,
packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to
meet productivity and quality goals. Assists with forecasting and
requisition of serialized and non-serialized materials. Efficient
in convertor staging and cleaning and screening processes.
- Unloads, receives, stores, packages, loads, and ships inventory
items (e.g. cable converter boxes, broadband modems, fiber cable,
installation kit accessories, network system hardware, telephones
and accessories for business telephony).
- Completes all necessary receiving and shipping forms and checks
them for accuracy. Tracks the movement of inventory items from the
time items arrive to the warehouse to the time they are
- Records daily movement of inventory through the warehouse.
- Determines need for more inventory to meet shipping orders and
places orders for more inventory as needed.
- Participates in the training of any Logistics Specialist
- Participates in periodic warehouse inventory and cycle counts
by making and verifying inventory counts as well as investigating
discrepancies. Orders, receives, stores, and maintains warehouse
- Responsible for proper vehicle operation including thorough
pre/post-trips and record keeping.
- Responsible for safe, efficient, and accurate delivery of
material the and equipment
- Receives material and equipment from suppliers, and maintains
- Issues supplies to field personnel.
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicles and warehouse
- Prepare damaged converters for shipping and repair.
- Assist in planning material requirements per installation
- Repair /refurbish converter remotes.
- Reconfigure / stage converters.
- Maintains converters and DCR units for Installers, Technicians,
Sales, and Retail.
- Responsible for inputting purchase requisition.
- Unloads materials received from vendors. Completes and files
the necessary receiving forms for inventory received.
- Searches for any damages in the inventory received and reports
it to leadership.
- Verifies the accuracy of orders received and shipped.
- Tracks inventory using bar code readers (handheld
- Moves inventory and warehouse supplies received and to be
shipped between trucks and their place in the warehouse.
- Packs product kits for customer orders and bulk packaging of
single inventory items for contractors or other warehouses.
- Loads trucks and ships inventory items according to
- Uses the forklift to move inventory and maintains the forklift
usage and maintenance log according to safety protocol
- Participates in the periodic warehouse inventories and cycle
counts by counting, verifying counts, and investigating
- Transports inventory occasionally to other warehouses or to
customer locations using company vehicles.
- Assists in tracking movement of inventory and non-inventory
items (e.g. warehouse supplies).
- Also determines storage locations. Assists in conducting
on-the-job training and may sometimes assist in classes on packing,
shipping and operating the forklift.
- Delegates work to Logistics Specialist I as necessary.
- Organizes the daily tracking, packaging, and shipping of
inventory items in accordance with a 24-hour turn-around target
time on orders.
- Maintains the daily receiving and shipping logs on a
- Performs forecasting of what inventory must be ordered in order
to meet demand.
- Verifies that there are enough inventories to meet installation
/ service orders.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner as it pertains to
- Skill in using small hand tools
- Ability to operate a vehicle and forklift in a safe and
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Maintain regular attendance for hours assigned.
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Join our Talent Community and receive job alerts when we have
new opportunities that match your interests.
Share This Page
Keywords: Altice USA, Midland , Logistics Specialist I, Other , Midland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!